Most people think of braces when they think of orthodontic care, but there is more to it than that. Orthodontists are specialists who treat oral health care issues related to misaligned jaws and teeth. Dr. Robert Lorino and the team at Smiles by Lorino know that when it comes to the health of your teeth and the quality of your overall orthodontic care, picking the right orthodontist for you is a big deal. Dr. Lorino will ensure that you get the healthy, functional, and confident smile that you’re looking for.
Steps to Help you Find a Worthwhile Orthodontist
Your dentist usually will be the first to spot any orthodontic issues that you may have and may be able to recommend a professional orthodontist that they know. You may also want to ask friends and family members for advice. When looking for an orthodontist near Bloomfield NJ, there are several points you should consider:
- Research Recommendations Online. Conduct online research before making any final decisions about orthodontic treatment. Reviews from past patients can be found on the internet. Patient reviews for Smiles by Lorino can be found on our Google+ and Facebook pages.
- Ask Around. Candid feedback from actual patients will give you an idea about the type of orthodontic treatment you can expect.
- Consider Their Expertise and Certifications.You’ll want to consider the level of knowledge and expertise of the orthodontist. Beyond a dental school education, all orthodontists have to complete an additional two-to-three years of training. Also, look into any qualifications or certifications that the doctor has. The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) certifies the clinical skills and knowledge of trained orthodontists. Not every orthodontist elects to take the exam for the ABO certification. Only orthodontists who are confident of their skills will take the exam to get this certification. Dr. Lorino and the team at Smiles by Lorino are certified by the ABO and have been for a number of years.
- Consult First. It is best to go for an initial consultation to get to know the orthodontist and the practice staff. Ask any questions that you may have and find out which course of treatment is best for you. First impressions are everything. From the moment you step into our office here at Smiles by Lorino, you will feel welcomed and secure that Smiles by Lorino near Bloomfield NJ is the best choice for you.
- Discuss Costs and Coverage.Orthodontics procedures can get very costly very quickly. Insurance may cover some of most of the costs of orthodontic treatment, but some other points to consider while choosing an orthodontist are “What will the treatment will cost?” and “What payment options are offered?” Whether the treatment you are receiving is Invisalign, traditional braces, or some other treatment, the team at Smiles by Lorino will work with you to develop a payment plan that you can afford. Most orthodontists provide plans of monthly installments that are spread over the period of treatment. However, you should inquire about the different payment plans that are offered before you make a final decision.
- Explore the Treatments Available. When you’re looking for your new orthodontist, make sure they offer all the latest orthodontic treatment technology available. Discuss with them the advantages and disadvantages of any of the treatment plans you are considering. Braces have evolved considerably during the past decade, giving you many orthodontic treatment options to consider. And if you’re interested in a specific treatment, such as Invisalign, then look for an orthodontist that offers the right Invisalign treatment and that has produced successful results.
While researching orthodontics practitioners, keep in mind Dr. Lorino and the team at Smiles by Lorino. We will help you achieve the healthy, confident, and happy-looking smile that you’ve been hoping for. To learn more about Smiles by Lorino near Bloomfield NJ or to schedule an appointment, call us today at: (973) 925-5550.
Dr. Robert Lorino is the expert orthodontist of Smiles by Lorino. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Bloomfield NJ, Essex County NJ, Wayne NJ, Passaic County NJ, Totowa NJ, Pompton Lakes, NJ, Lincoln Park, NJ, or the 07470 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Robert Lorino, contact Smiles by Lorino at: (973) 925-5550.